Good morning folks,
Well the BET Awards went down last night and I’m left scratching my head wondering “Why, why” like MJ.
Here is my compiled list of “why’s”:
1. Why is Jamie Foxx so damn FUNNY?! Kudos to him. Despite the underlying sadness of the show, Jamie still had the power to keep the whole crowd laughing. That says alot about how great he really is as an overall entertainer.
2. Why were there only about 6 performers rotated throughout the show? Ummm was there a shortage of Black celebs that could sing and dance for the night?
3. Why were there no DANCE TRIBUTES? The King of all things Dance and you mean to tell me you couldn’t have one person bust a crotch grab and Thriller Dance for me? Y’all are not serious about life right now.
4. Why would BET, Viacom, Jesus and Moses have Ciara Harris SING a Tribute?! Oh sweet Baby Jesus. Girl play to your strengths, play to your strengths. You should have insisted, no PLEADED to dance.
5. Why did Keyshia Cole wear that outfit? Cringe. Was her makeup a tribute to Michael too? Moving along.
6. Why is Beyonce so fit? Holy moly, it hurts my feelings slightly. Her performance though…. c’mon Bee you could have came wayyyyyy harder. Needless to say I wasn’t pleased. However bag up that dress and I sure will wear that on my wedding day.
7. Why did they have Drake sit so far back on the stool? They should have moved him closer to the front of the stage, since his foot was hurt and he couldn’t move around. (Toronto stand up!)
8. Even bigger why… why did Lil Wayne have his little daughter and her kiddy friends on stage while you’re singing about “f*!king every girl in the world”. Oh Jesus, please rebuke them.
9. Why did NeYo think it was appropriate to take off his hat? Nice tribute though.
10. Why is Jamie’s voice sooooooooo BUTTER.
11. Why did Tyra’s weave look the way it did? Like they just slapped the weave on and didn’t bother to trim it.
12. Why does Amber Rose get love just because her head is bald? Sorry, you are not anything special. YES, I SAID IT.
13. Why did they make poor Janet go on that show? My heart ached for her. I applaud her bravery going out there, I really do.
14. Why does Keri Hilsons makeup and hair never look right? Too much makeup for her face, she’s a pretty girl. The wet poodle hair is not the business either. Good performance though (except for the end).
15. Why did BET think blurring out swear words after they were said was going to fly? LOL@ Eddie though
16. Why did Tyrese and Johnny Gill MURDER that stage? Trey you sounded good too, but you got overpowered. Tyrese oh boy, you worked it on out.
17. Why did BET think it was okay to let Tiny & Toya aka Captain and Co-Captain of the BabyMamas Franchise speak on national television? Tiny, I’ma need you to not show your baby pitbull face on my screen again. Speaking like you have no kind of sense. Toya, I’ma need you to just sit down.
18. Why did Jamie and Martin KILL ME with that skit with Shanaynay & Wanda. Ohhh how I miss them.
19. Why am I still mad about the tributes in that show? Where was the “Rock With You’s”, the “Do you Remember the Time” the “Billie Jeans” the THRILLER DANCE, THE MOONWALK. I don’t give a damn, Chris Brown should have been there! Shoot, breathe Neeks… breathe.
20. Why did BET give Frankie and Neffe their own show? Jesus be a shield all around me, cause the ghettoness will surpass the ghettoness on the “Keyshia Cole Show”.
21. Why did New Edition kill the Jackson 5 dance moves? Geez. The singing on the other hand, got lost in translation
22. I get where they were going with the “Guy groups flashback” but if they were trying to outshine the ladies of last year, the ladies brought that one home.
All in all, I understand there was alot of last minute stuff due to Michaels death, HOWEVER I think given the type of star power BET could have gathered they missed the mark with this one. Props to Jamie Foxx for really holding it down on the hosting front and the tributes side.
R.I.P Michael Jackson, if it wasn’t apparent how much of an impact you had on the world before it is so undeniable now. ❤ MJ All day!